- An amazing weekend celebrating Filipino dance 🇵🇭 💃🏽 @PalaceOfFineArt, singing 🎤 a serenade. #gapamc twitter.com/randykikukawa/…
3 weeks ago
- Thank you.
1 month ago
- 🎤🎶 w/ @OaklandPride this 9/10, post our 9/9 concert. Bass, ex-councilman & OakPride pioneer Danny Wan as Grand Marshal. #myoaklandpride 🌈✊🏽🌳
1 month ago
- Choir member @dchews was 👑 Mr. GAPA '17 last week! He'll be 🎤🎶 solo @ RISE UP! Songs of ❤️ & Resistance on 9/9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
1 month ago
COME JOIN US EVERY MONDAY FOR REHEARSALS, from 7:00 – 9:00 PM.
For location, contact us below or follow us on social media.
We would love to hear from you. Please send us your thoughts by filling out the form below. Feel free to include additional contact information like phone numbers, but know that it’s optional. To read our Statement of Privacy, click here. You can also directly e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
About Joining Us
- Self-identify as a queer API guy
- Loves music/likes to sing
- Have an open mind, heart and a thirst for learning
- Can commit to attending rehearsals regularly (We all have busy lives, so we understand if you miss rehearsals and gigs once in a while).
API means Asian-Pacific Islander; in this case, men who self-identify with a racial or ethnic background that comes from north-south-east Asia and the islands of the Pacific. Some are of mixed ancestry and often join the choir to connect with that API part of themselves that have not been fully discovered and celebrated.
We are an all-volunteer crew, so everything we do, we do out of pleasure and love for this choir. Those who volunteer for us do the same without asking for anything back (other than hearing us sing, laugh, and gorge on potluck, and some of us can cook and whip out a feast!).
Check out Events and Join Us for more information on giving, volunteering and other opportunities to help out.
About Auditions and Performances
About the Choir
- 100% volunteers. We don't get paid to hang out and sing. And our musical director of 25 years don't get paid to babysit us
- About 40% Filipino and 40% Chinese, which is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area's historically predominant and enduring Asian groups. About 20% Others, mostly our Hapa and Polynesian bros
- An equal mix of first generation immigrants and native born
- Languages spoken include English, Mandarin, Ilocano, Cantonese, Tagalog, Hiligaynon, Hokkien, Spanish, German, Japanese, and French
- We all have day jobs in science, technology, business, finance, health care, government, and education. A firefighter. A dad of two awesome young men. Some are partnered; others, single (and looking!)
GAPA Men’s Chorus is an all-volunteer organization and our funding comes from the generous support of the GAPA, the choir members, and most importantly, folks like you. We have a very limited budget. We tend to schedule a couple of fundraising events during the year. But we can definitely use some help. Here is how you can help us keep the music flowing.
Send a check to:
GAPA Men’s Chorus
P.O. Box 421884
San Francisco, CA 94142-1884
Please note that your donation is not tax deductible. Our chorus is part of the Gay Asian Pacific Alliance (GAPA), a tax-exempt not-for-profit 501(c)(4) entity.
Stay tuned for other Fundraising information and events as we look forward to entertaining you in 2017!